MILLS REEF – THE HOME OF PETER BLAKEWAYS COOK SCHOOL
Mills Reef Winery was established in 1989 by the Preston family, with the aim of producing premium quality wines from the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand.
Since then the company has gone on to receive significant critical acclaim, with Mills Reef Wines winning over 500 medals and 14 trophies in both national and international competitions.
Mills Reef’s consistently high quality standards has earned it a reputation as one of NZ’s leading winemakers and the enviable achievement of twice recipient of the prestigious “NZ Winemaker Of The Year” title.
It is successes like these that have elevated Mills Reef as one of the premium labels in New World wines.
Regarded as one of New Zealand’s leading producers of Gimblett Gravels, Hawkes Bay wines, we are:
- family owned by hands-on father and son winemaking team
- a producer of fine hand-crafted wines from premium Gimblett Gravels, Hawkes Bay grapes
- highly regarded for our outstanding Bordeaux red and Syrah varieties
- twice-recipient of the prestigious New Zealand Winemaker Of The Year title
- winner of over 500 medals and 15 trophies in national and international competitions
Mills Reef Restaurant is set atop 20 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, featuring expansive patios and grassed areas, with plantings of ornamental trees, colourful flowering shrubs and a sea of agapanthus.
The restaurant enjoys rural westerly views to the Kaimai ranges and a delightful relaxed atmosphere. On sunny days the outdoor dining area is extremely popular, as is the eight metre solid wood feasting table which is ideal for a large group or for several smaller groups to share and make new friends!